Notice Interceptor – is a development of the previous highly specialized Plugin: “Dismiss Grity Notices“.
Tool for creating a comfortable living environment in the WordPress admin area without annoying notifications and ad units.
For some reason, many developers of Themes and Plugins believe that they just need to remind the Administrator of their existence every minute. Intrusive and obsessive offers to subscribe somewhere, buy something, like, poke something, etc.
And even the presence of the “disable” button does not guarantee that after a new entrance to the Admin panel, all this jumble of information garbage will not creep out again and will not take over part of the working space of the monitor screen.
The concept of this tool is to remove all unnecessary, but give an opportunity to manage this Information Garbage. It is possible that under certain circumstances something from all this is really necessary and useful. And you just know where you have it, on which shelf. You reach out and take it, study it. And then you put it away again so it doesn’t get in the way.
How it works:
There is a pre-installed set of CSS Classes of popular Notifications Blocks in the Admin Dashboard. It will be updated from time to time.
It is possible to independently supplement this set of CSS Classes without waiting for updates based on their own situations.
Both sets of CSS Classes are combined together to form the rules for blocking Information Blocks. Fixing every block.
On each of the pages of the Admin Dashboard, depending on which Information Blocks were hidden, an Indicator is formed showing the number of Hidden Information Blocks. With the ability to see these Hidden Blocks.
Each of these Information Blocks can be marked as “Viewed”. In this case, in the Indicator these Blocks will be grouped as “Hide“.
New UnRead Information Blocks will be grouped as “New“.
Therefore, you can always easily understand that there are New Notifications that you need to familiarize yourself with. But now, it is enough to do it only once!
Version: 4.21 (2021.04.16) You can download it from here
The Handler Rules include:
- All in One SEO Pack
- Coming Soon Supsystic
- Duplicator PRO
- EnvatoMarket (NinjaTeam)
- Fix Duplicates
- iThemes Security
- Gravity Forms
- My Maps
- RSS Mailchimp
- StCR (Subscribe Reloaded)
- Ultimate Member
- WP Google Fonts
- WP Mail SMTP
- WP to Twitter
- Yellow Pencil
== Скриншоты ==
1. screenshot-1.png This is the Console page with active plugin “Notice Interceptor”. Hidden 4 Notifications. 3 of them are new.
2. screenshot-2.png This is the Console page with active plugin “Notice Interceptor”. Showing all 4 Hidden Notifications.
3. screenshot-3.png Options Page “Notice Interceptor”.
How to write your CSS Class Sets correctly:
* To avoid accidental erroneous actions, you should enter the full set of classes of the notification block that you want to block. For example, here is such an annoying Information Block:
<div class=”notice notice-warning settings-error is-dismissible“>You have a newer version WordPress 999.01 than it can be!<a href=”//wp-admin/update-core.php” aria-label=”Please update WordPress now”>Please update</a>.</div>
We need to take the complete line of the class attribute from this block: notice notice-warning settings-error is-dismissible
And paste into the “Custom Rules” field. Without changing anything. Leaving spaces and not changing the order of the Classes. In this case, this string will be as a signature defining a specific Information Block.
* Also, you can add ID instead of Class.
** Attention! Be careful. Should not use the “General for all” Classes. Like: “updated”, “notice”, “error”, e.t.c.
== Changelog (only important points) ==
* Internal scripts rewritten. Instead of a series of single queries, only one is now executed. The processing speed has increased many times over. This is especially noticeable on “long lists” such as the Plugins page.
* On those Admin pages where the top Panel “screen-meta-links” is displayed, the “Notice Interceptor” tab is also displayed in this Panel. Now, such pages don’t “twitch” at all!
* Rules marked as read are added to the css file. Such Notifications are hidden completely. Become really comfortable.
* Added handling of especially harmful notifications.
In general, I would like to hope that in the next new version of WordPress there will be a requirement for Plugins and Themes so that Notifications are issued according to certain Rules.