Bulk Import of Records from Excel (CSV) files for “Gravity Forms” with Validation and Internal Logic support.
If you have a Form in which there are Calculated Fields based on the Values of other Fields and the need for bulk import of source data, then this Plugin will definitely be useful to you.
For example. Form Type Calculator:
- Field id=2 “A“: Term 1.
- Field id=3 “B“: Term 2.
- Field id=5 “Ratio“: Coefficient.
- Field “Calc“: C = (A + B) * Ratio
When Importing Records, you usually need to prepare all the Values of all Fields:
A; B; Ratio; C.
So, to carry out preliminary calculations.
Difficulties begin when branched Inner Logic is used. When there are various additional Fields for selecting conditions in the form of Lists, Options. (“Gravity Forms” allows you to use both built-in Internal Logic in each of the Fields, and connect JS Scripts with Scripts.)
Transferring JS Scripts with Scripts to an Excel-prepared Table can be quite a difficult task. Errors are almost inevitable. Moreover, it is necessary to carefully maintain the correspondence of the calculated formulas in the Table with the Form Algorithms. And if you have changed something in the algorithms of the Form, then you again need to change and then test the Formulas in the Table. Even writing about it is tiresome.
Moreover, some Field Values may have both Value and Format Constraints. In normal cases, import without checking such Restrictions may lead to an abnormal termination of the Import process, or to incorrectly filled Fields.
In any case, manual correction of Records after such an Import can be costly and resource intensive.
It is for such Tasks that this Plugin is needed.
It is enough to fill in only the Initial Fields.
In our Example – Fields: A B and Ratio.
Calculated Field “C” will be calculated in each imported Record by the internal Form algorithms and will be saved.
If some of the Values are out of range, then such a Record will not be saved and will require correction directly during the Import process.
- Click the button in the Form “Excel Import”.
- Click “DownLoad Excel file for Template” and download the Template.
The File has 3 lines:
- The first line is the IDs of the Fields in the Form.
- The second line is the Field Types and Hints to fill.
- The third line is the Field Names.
- Fill in the Row Table Fields with your Data.
- Save the file in CSV format.
- Open the resulting CSV file using the Editor type: “Notepad ++”.
- Make sure the file encoding is UTF-8 without BOM.
- As a separator of data “;” (If necessary, change if there is “,”)
- Save the CSV file.
- Click the “Upload CSV file” button and select the CSV file you saved.
- The first Record from the file will fill in the Form Fields. The “Submit” Form button will be disabled.
- If everything is OK, click the “Save” button.
- The next Record will be loaded automatically.
Or Download a ready-made CSV file with Demo data. And Import them. (starting from point 6)
Features and Capabilities:
- Works with PHP 7.4
- Works with Gravity Forms versions 18.104.22.168 and higher. Tested up to 22.214.171.124
- Import entries are lines of a text file (usually CSV) separated by commas.
- You can choose any other separator.
- You can navigate through the list of imported records and save only a few of them.
- Each record is checked for compatibility of field formats before saving.
- If the Form Fields have internal logic, then each record is processed with this logic in mind before being saved.
- All types of fields are imported: “Text”, “TextArea”, “Number”, “Date”, “email”, “Select”, “MultiSelect”, “Radio”, “CheckBox”.
- Each Form has its own option “Import Enable”.
- Works correctly with Cyrillic and other National character encodings.
- Each Form has its own “Import Enable” option.
- Ability to select data type (Name / Value) for Fields: “Select”, “MultiSelect”, “Radio”, “CheckBox”.
- Generation of a Template for easy filling of the Import Table. Template – Excel file in XLSX format.
- The Template contains: Field IDs, Fields Name, Type and Prompts for input.
- Input Prompts contain all Valid Variants for a given Field, given the selected data type (Name / Value).
- Works correctly when there are several other GForms on the page.
- Possibility to choose encoding of CSV file: ‘utf-8’ – default; ‘ISO-8859-1’; ‘CP1251’; etc…
1. Upload ‘gf-excel-import-pro’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. If you have any problems – please ask for support.
In the “gf-excel-import-pro/sample” folder there is a sample templete files and an example Form. (See “gf-excel-import-pro/sample/ReadMe.txt” for more info.) The form should be imported using Gravity Forms tools.