Adaptive Login Form: Adjusting compromise between Comfort and Paranoia.
If my current IP address is not marked as Dangerous since my last successful login, then there is no need to distrust me and force me to go through Quests to solve different types of Captchas.
In this case, the standard “Password” field is sufficient for one attempt.
But if the Attempt is unsuccessful, then we mark the IP address as Dangerous, and then it is possible and necessary to trick me (or the one who is trying to be me) with a more thorough login procedure.
There may be multilevel options. It doesn’t matter (this will be gradually added to the functionality). We are now talking about the General Principle.
= Futured =
* Separate statistics are generated for each IP address and the ratio “Successful number of entries” / “Total number of entries” is determined. Depending on how close this parameter is to 100%, we can talk about the need for the Toughness of the Mistrust process.
This mechanism starts before the User enters his Login.
The more Unsuccessful Login attempts occur from a given IP Address, the more thoroughly it is checked.
Conversely, the Login procedure can be simplified as much as possible if there is no obvious reason.
* Regardless of what kind of Authentication Error occurred, be it:
– Invalid Username;
– Invalid User Password;
– Incorrectly specified additional security elements: “Secret Key” / Captcha / etc.
This will not be indicated in the error message. There will always be only one message: “Authentication Failed”.
Thus, we do not explicitly indicate to the potential Villain / Bot the reason for the denial of access. And the more such Reasons there are, the more complicated the Entry procedure becomes.
* Интегрирован с плагином “New Users Monitor“.
Continue reading “Adaptive Login Action”
“Hack-Info” – Free tools (Now, “Hack-Info” – it is a standalone independent complete tool.
Previously, it was like Add-On for “iThemes Security”. But time has shown that it is bad to be dependent on others.. Especially when their DB structure changes.
) to make improve the perception of information about events, which is important to quickly and in detail see and understand. Without the need for unnecessary clicks and conversions. “Hack-Info” notifies the site administrator by providing a detailed list of IP addresses, requests – attempts to scan resources and search for passwords with names.
Continue reading “Hack-Info”
“Users Login Monitor” – A freeware plugin, for daily-notify site administrator, about users who logged in during the day.
Continue reading “Users Login Monitor”
“New Users Monitor” – A freeware plugin that will help you quickly find out that you have already been hacked. This is main task of ‘NUM’. Well, in general, ‘NUM’ will inform about the appearance of a new user in WP. If you are an administrator, then such an event is important to you.
* All new users will be highlighted in red until Admin confirm each of them in User-Profile.
* This plugin has already helped out many times when some of our sites were hacked. But we quickly found out about it. And we were able to fast stop the problem.
* With the active Option: “Deny Login if User is not confirmed”, you will sleep much more peacefully.
Continue reading “New Users Monitor”
Improved version of a nice authorization plugin.
The basic number of characters in the Captcha, Belarusian bots now have learned to recognize. I’m tired of seeing a large number of entries about the attempts matching password on the login page in the site’s security log files.
Therefore, it was decided to complicate the life of kids-hackers army. And yes – it helped.
Continue reading “Captcha Code Authentication”